The chorus you can’t get out of your head. The hook that you just can’t shake. The new POP artist who’s on the verge of becoming an industry sensation. The moment when you discover a song you can’t wait to share with all of your friends.
Welcome to POP ON AND ON, fellow music lover.
WHO IS POP
POP ON AND ON is David Esquivel, independently owned and operated by a single human being – though you can find various pieces from guest contributors from time to time, they’re awesome. I’m currently based in the delusional paradise known as Hollywood, it’s weird here but I love it.
Aside from this blog baby of mine, you can also find me over at Live Nation Labs (doing all sorts of cool things) and at Artist Publishing Group (administered by Warner/Chappell Music), I’m usually busy seeking out emerging songwriters/producers/artists. Because of this, when you submit your music to me, not only am I filtering for that perfect POP ON AND ON fit but I’m also looking for superstars to help sculpt future Top 40 hits!
WHY POP ON AND ON
Because I blogged Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” in 2011, before Bieber and company took it viral. Because I blogged about a rad lady by the name of Betty Who… in October of 2012. Because artists like Ellie Goulding and Emeli Sandé get support months (and sometimes years) before they ever really take off. Because I believe in Godney. Because I’m listening to ARTPOP as I write this.
But most importantly, because YOU could have the next “Call Me Maybe”, or because YOU could be the next Betty Who.
Submit all music/demos to [email protected] */]]>
As a POP music blog that showcases the best in mainstream POP music AND a blog that’s a part of the Hype Machine (a more indie channel), you can imagine the huge amount of emails I receive on a daily basis. I try my best to get to every email and listen to ALL the music I’m being sent, I appreciate every email and I encourage you to email me more than once if you really believe your music would be a good fit on this site.
A couple of things so we can make the music selection process of POP ON AND ON easier for me and more importantly, for YOU:
- PLEASE include at least one song in your email, be it a direct MP3 for download or Soundcloud/YouTube embed.
- Include links to your social media pages if you have any, those are important. You want to get discovered, don’t you?
- If you’re an emerging artist, title the subject line of your email, “NEW ARTIST/ (Insert your genre)”.
- If you’re an emerging producer, title the subject line of your email, “NEW PRODUCER/(Insert your genre)”.
- If you’re an emerging songwriter, title the subject line of your email, “NEW SONGWRITER/(Insert your genre)”.
Here are some important stats and stuff about POP ON AND ON:
- POP ON AND ON has been operating since October of 2009.
- As of October 2013, POP ON AND ON receives over 1000,000 monthly visits from over 180 countries/territories.
- Over 4,600 Likes on Facebook, over 2,500 followers on Twitter, and over 3,200 followers on Hype Machine and growing everyday.
- Current 3 month global traffic rank stands at 101,277 according to Alexa.com
Now that you know all you need to know about POP ON AND ON, shoot me an email if you have some good music/remixes/mash-ups or if you’re interested in advertising:
[email protected] */]]>